Want to book Sandstorm studios for your next project?
When it comes to film production facilities, we take an end-to-end approach. So as well as the headline acts – three incredibly versatile studios and the A-Z of cinema-quality kit – you get a supporting cast of production offices, comfortable lounges and cutting-edge edit suites, all in one place.
We’ve factored in nice-to-haves like fresh barista coffee and locally brewed ales while you’re working. And when you need an extra pair of hands, our full-time crew is ready and waiting.
Facilities this is our ‘Swiss Army knife’ of a studio – endlessly configurable and versatile. You name it, we shoot it here: vehicle exteriors and interiors, one, two and three walled room sets, live action with synch sound, Technodolly, multi-camera live studio format and both large and small scale product shoots of every description.
- Room dimensions – 15m x 10m x 4m (h) / 50ft x 32ft x 13ft(h)
- Dual infinity cove – 9m x 9m x 3.2m (h) / 30ft x 30 ft x 10.5ft (h)
- Vehicle access
- Dimmable 18 bank lighting mixer
The tough one. We’ve specced this studio to handle the rough stuff – we do all kinds of special effects shooting here including pyro, smoke, fire and water. Noise not a problem either. That said, it’s also beautifully equipped for shooting motion control, live action, smaller sets, table top and stills photography and the space and height are a DOP’s dream.
- Room dimensions – 17m x 10m x 7m (h) / 56ft x 32ft x 23ft (h)
- Stage dimensions – 10m x 7m x 4m (h) / 30ft x 23ft x 13ft (h)
- Vehicle access
- Water & fire retardant
The (very) big one. Seven-metre double-decker height and wide access sound stage. Soon to have a double infinity cove, floating ceiling and configurable as separate spaces for simultaneous shooting on your project.
- 5600sq ft. (520sq. m)
- 26m x 20m x 10m (h) / 85ft x 65ft x 32ft (h)
- Sound Deadened (but not soundproofed)
- 7m high roller shutter vehicle access
- 750A of available power
Our TechnoDolly is essential on shoots, whether in the studio or on location. This versatile rig works as a silent, repeatable motion control rig and a camera crane in one. It’s fast, it’s quick to move from position to position and it’s incredibly accurate… in short it saves time and produces spectacular shots.
- Multi-axis repeatable Motion Control
- Studio or Location
- Quick set-up
- Full lens and AUX motor control
- Precise to +/- 0.2mm
- Shooting area; 3m (15’) high, 7.5m (25’) wide, 24.3m (80’) long
The ideal feature film visual effects tool, ready to go, without the cumbersome setup or issue with travel, in a perfect, custom-built sound-stage at Sandstorm on the edge of the Cotswolds, just an hour from Heathrow and only 200m off the M4 at Junction 15.
There has never been such a simple way to access large scale Cyclops motion control.
- Fully repeatable motion control
- Max height = 6m (20ft)
- Max reach = 5.2m (17ft)
- Track length = 12m (40ft)
- Camera Travel Speed = 3.5m (11ft) per second maximum
- Note – NOT SUITABLE FOR SOUND RECORDING (use the TechnoDolly if sound is the priority)
- NOT PORTABLE, this rig is only available in Sandstorm Studio3.
2K & 4K
Capturing over 1000 frames per second the Phantom high-speed camera captures movements invisible to the naked eye.
If you’re after those jaw-dropping cinematic slow-mo sequences in super high resolution, this is your pick.
It is an ideal camera for cinematic and engaging slow-motion film.
The ARRI Alexa is the current industry-leader for the ultimate in cinematic visual imagery making it the number one choice for TV commercials. Only now you don’t need a feature film budget to access it.
We offer both the Alexa and the portable Alexa Mini which is ideal for location shoots.
We also do an amazingly affordable package deal for Alexa Classic when you book a studio stage at Sandstorm.
MEDIUM-FORMAT & DSLR
We also offer photographic equipment and more everyday camera kits including a range of Canon cameras, Sony A7Sii and GoPro.
It only makes sense to offer the best cameras in the industry with the best lenses.
If you don’t see your ideal lens on our rate card, just ask as the team, as we have an even wider range available.
We have over 200 lights on-site at Sandstorm, from 18KW HMI’s to Skypanels and flicker-free 5KW and 10KW tungsten heads for slow-motion. It’s all here and most of it is included free of charge in our studio hire rate too.
Often an area for pre-production and client meetings, this room also doubles-up as a production office for clients on shoots. Fully AV’d up including conference facilities. Helping them keep on top of the world outside while remaining part of the action.
There’s an area to relax by the fire or be productive without background interruption, all the while monitoring the shoot via a direct feed from the studio and keeping connected to the outside world via lightning fast broadband. The lounge is also equipped with a client fridge and stocked with a range of complimentary snacks and beverages. When the sun shines (it always shines) get outside, enjoy the sun terrace and, take in the view across open fields to the Ridgeway.
No end-to-end studio facility is complete without private, separate Wardrobe and Hair & Make-up room with illuminated wall mirrors and hanging rails.
- Two make-up workstations
- Steamers, irons and wardrobe railing
We also have first class voice-over facilities with our dedicated sound booth.
For use in broadcast and cinema voice-over, ADR, radio link and podcasting.
- Professionally sound-proofed and acoustically isolated
- RT60 – 0.053 seconds (can be customised to suit other requirements)
Our colour balanced room, custom-built desk and grade one monitoring (plus domestic screens for reference) make this the premier room for picture finishing at Sandstorm’s facility.
- Fully colour balanced, air-conditioned room
- Grade One monitoring (plus domestic screens for reference)
- Custom-built desk and control surface
Equipped with eight matching suites in a custom-built open-plan environment, our editing team deliver assemble edits, VFX, 3D and online. Whether working on eight individual projects or collaborating together on one, it is a faster and more efficient way to deliver post-production for our productions.
- 8 matching custom-built workstations
- Assembly, VFX, 3D and online in one room
- Open plan environment
- Shared media servers
- Open ring network productivity
- Comprehensive back-up and redundancy protocol
DOLBY APPROVED MIXING SUITE
Our sound mixing suite is built to the highest possible specification, allowing us to create unique surround sound experiences for cinema, as well as broadcast and online content.
- Dolby approved 5.1 & 7.1 cinema surround sound mixing
- TV & Digital sound mixing to R128 and all other global standards
- Cinema, TV & Digital sound design
- Foley & ADR recording
- Rigorously tested sound room with superb acoustics